Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Dillish Mathews: "There’s A Possibility I’d Either Marry A Nigerian Or Ghanaian


Big Brother Africa “The Chase” winner and Namibian ex beauty queen, sexy Dillish Mathews who was recently in Nigeria for the Mr Nigeria contest, in an interview with Ynaija, opened up on her personal life, marriage, relationship with Flavour and more. See excerpts below...

Do you have any interests in music or acting?
I love African music. After Big Brother, my mind opened and I started listening to South African music, to D’banj and of course to Flavour so when he asked me to feature in his video, I said yes.
As for acting, I’m working on a few things and if they turn out well, I just might explore it too.

So about Flavour, there’s a rumour on the grapevine that you’re a couple, is that true?
Flavour and I are just friends. I mean he’s hot and I’m sure he thinks I’m hot but we’re just okay with being friends. Besides, he hasn’t made any moves like that and I haven’t either.

So are you expecting him to make a move?
No, I’m not. He has a girlfriend and I hear she’s a hottie.

What do you think about Nigerian men?
I think there’s a possibility that I’d either marry a Nigerian or a Ghanaian, there’s just something about them that I find attractive.

You once said that you don’t believe in marriage, do you still feel this way, and why?
I still feel this way but it’s not that I don’t believe in it, I just don’t think I would want to get married. I think I would be okay if I could just find a guy that I could date forever. This might change when I get older but for now that’s how I feel.

Have you ever had your heart broken?
Of course, I’ve had my heart broken, I’ve been friend zoned many times and I’ve been turned down before too. I didn’t take it to heart though because I think it’s just normal.

Speaking about heartbreak, there were a lot of rumours about what led to the breakup between you and your ex-boyfriend, Stephen. What really happened?
All I have to say is that not everything reported is true so don’t believe everything you read. Sometimes people make stories up so that the media can leave them alone.

You promised your fans on Twitter that you intend to start having babies this year, so when are we expecting the little ones?
As soon as I find myself a hunk, I’ll start. I’ve always wanted to have kids before 25 and I’ll be 25 next year so I’m running out of time.

What do you think is the biggest challenge facing women in Africa?
I think it’s the fact that people believe we should be submissive. If you start making a lot of money as an African woman, you could get demotivated because people believe you won’t find a husband. Men don’t really like women who are rich because they believe she’ll misbehave.

You’ve been helping a lot of children, do you have a charity organization of your own?
Yes I do, it’s called the Royal Hope Foundation and it focuses on community development and I hope that it can spread across Africa.

How do you intend to do your part in making the world a better place?
The vision I have, is that of helping people. It’s such a passion for me that I can sacrifice a lot just to make a person’s life better. I’m not interested in a lavish lifestyle, I just want to help people.

No comments:

Post a Comment