Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Kanye West defends ‘Jesus on tour’, Illuminati

undefined

On bringing Jesus on tour with him: “I had a friend of mine that’s a pastor there as we started discussing how we wanted to deliver it. My girl even asked afterwards, ‘Hmm, is that weird if Jesus comes on stage?’ No, we do plays all the time where people play Jesus. You know what’s awesome about Christianity is we’re allowed to portray God. We’re allowed to draw an image of him, we’re allowed to make movies about him. Other religions you’re not allowed to do that.”
On the message behind his religious theatrics: “It’s a painting, it’s a sculpture, it’s a moving opera, it’s a play, it’s a message. I’m not gonna even do any comparisons with that ’cause God knows where my heart is at. One of the things that I wanted to really get across with that message is that you can have a relationship with Jesus, that you can talk to Jesus.”
On his relationship with Jesus: “I’m a performance artist, I’m a believer, and I think if anytime the word Jesus can be used more in our lives, I believe it’s a good thing. With my heroes, people wanna be like Mike. I wanna be like Christ.”
On the Illuminati: “It’s a sexy word. We could make a cologne out of it or something. There’s only two things on my mind when I create, God and Jesus.”


No comments:

Post a Comment